I’m moving around the web and email stuff over this weekend. Part 1 was the blog, and it’s now on a new machine (if you’re seeing this post, you’re seeing the new machine :). If you’re having any problems, please ping me on gmail about it.
Next up will be the gallery site.
My quickie notes from the move (in this case, both source and target machines were Ubuntu, specifically 6.06, Dapper Drake):
- Backed up host wordpress db
- Installing phpmyadmin – needed php4-mysql also installed (but wasn’t a pre-req) (apt-get install php4-mysql)
- Rsync’d over /etc/wordpress as well as /usr/share/wordpress
- Created wordpress db with same collation as source db, imported backup via mysql command-line (failed using phpmyadmin’s import) with \u wordpress then \. wordpress.sql
- Created wordpress user with same password as original host (otherwise, need to edit /usr/share/wordpress/wp-config.php), granted all perms on wordpress db to wordpress user
- Created “sites-available” entry for the host, symlinked to sites-enabled
- Start out as a copy of “default” that’s already there
- Change paths (/var/www -> /usr/share/wordpress)
- Change logs (access.log -> blog.foo.com-access.log)
- Add ServerName entry (ServerName blog.foo.com)
- Remove NameVirtualHost *
- Change AllowOverride from None to All so .htaccess in /usr/share/wordpress works
- Created symlink so rewriting would work in wordpress: ln -s /etc/apache2/mods-available/rewrite.load /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/rewrite.load